After weeks without water, we are officially in a drought. Although rain is forecast, Met Eireann says it won't be enough to break the drought. We've put together some easy ways to reduce your water use and build resilience into everyday life.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Reduce the water pressure in your shower.
- Turn off the water while you lather up.
- Plan showers around exercise to avoid showering twice a day.
- Use a basin in the shower and the kitchen sink to collect water for the garden.
- Wash clothes and dishes only when the machine is full.