JOIN OUR TEAM
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented and ambitious senior graphic designer to lead the team and create meaningful work for a diverse range of clients. The right candidate is someone who can take abstract concepts and create compelling design solutions.You are comfortable working in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of strategic project managers, service designers, researchers, strategists, sociologists, architects, environmentalists, engineers, designers, writers, and creators.
You are a team player who brings a diverse skillset to the table. You are passionate about working with people to create the best outcome. You want to work on projects that matter and that make a difference. You are comfortable working on pure design, or design-led projects, but equally happy to contribute a design component to a wider multi-disciplinary project.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Translate abstract ideas into tangible, engaging graphic communications
- Great communication able to explain and discuss design decisions
- Present to client and stakeholders
- Provide leadership to other members of the team
- Give effective design feedback and direction to other team members
- Work with the internal team to ensure your work meets the brief and objectives
- Design impactful presentations using PowerPoint
- Drive planning and co-ordination of design activities
- Bring in new business and contribute to the company’s business development plans
Core Skills And Attributes
- Strong, demonstrable graphic design skills
- Leadership and commercial skills
- Ability to give design direction and mentorship
- Ability to quickly sketch/articulate ideas, to align team on a vision
- Ability to speak comfortably and professionally in client presentations
- Advancedknowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong print and production knowledge
- Video production (Premiere, sound mixing)
- Motion design (after effects)
- Photography skills
- Web skills
- 5-7 years of design experience, 2+ years in a senior role
- Commerical experience of attracting new business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design.
The position is initially fixed term for 9-12 months (maternity cover) with the potential to become permanent.
For the right candidate, we are open to flexible working arrangements. The position may be full/part-time depending on what the right person can bring to the M.CO team.
To apply please send your CV, a sample of your workin pdf format (5mb) and any relevant links you may have to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Monday 5th of August.